Monday 27 January 2014

CHAPTER 7 - TRADITIONAL PIECING METHODS

LOG CABIN METHOD

7A- Log cabin sample pieced from my dyed fabrics - views of front and back


7b- Log cabin sample pieced from my dyed fabrics 




Seminole Method of Piecing

7c- Stages in piecing seminole samples made after the vertical cutting of a strip of joined plain and printed fabrics









7d- Seminole  samples after diagonal cutting and piecing









My interpretation of seminole style patchwork - 

7c- Wedge shaped pattern sample using my mono-printed fabrics


7d-  Free style seminole striped sample using my mono-printed printed and shibori dyed fabrics


7e- Three seminole style samples using my mono-printed fabrics combined with machine embroidered stripes





I enjoy patchwork and have made many pieces over the years To me patchwork is about being inspired about combinations of colour and pattern so to use just black and white was a challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment