Thursday 15 August 2013

Chapter 10 – Making Ripples, Chenille or Slashed Reverse Applique

 

IMG_0601

10a - A mixed paper and fabric chenille sample I made at Summer School

NB – I was back in Portugal for this Chapter so the samples are machine stitched

IMG_0556

10b - A chenille sample with several layers of fabric. Some layers do no extend over the whole background. I like this sample, it has ‘frothy’ look.

IMG_0646 IMG_0647

 

10c  - A line drawing for the chenille sample below.

10d – the back of the sample showing the stitching. (The fabric is a ‘by product’ of my fabric printing/dying. I always put old sheeting under my printing/dying and end up with a surprise fabric.) 

IMG_0649

10b -  chenille sample for the above design. There are four layers of fabric, a cotton background, a bronze organza, a  turquoise cotton and a loose weave tweedy fabric. The turquoise cotton did not fray as well as the other fabrics but overall I feel the sample works.

I am skipping the melting section of this Chapter for Health and Safety reasons. I am not happy with the idea of using a soldering iron in my work space within the enclosed awning area of our mobile home. I do not even use decorative candles in this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment