Monday 5 August 2013

Chapter 5 Fabric Selection and Decoration

 

The fabrics below are a selection of ones that I have dyed and printed myself as well as some bought and already owned fabrics.

IMG_0401 IMG_0347

A                                           B 

IMG_0403 IMG_0406

C                                           D 

IMG_0433 IMG_0341

E                                            F

A, B, C, D, E, – are a series of co-ordinating fabrics I printed and/or dyed in my chosen colours. I used old pillow cases.

F - is some cotton yarn I dyed by wrapping it around an old table mat and dying both sides in stripes of  pale and dark turquoise. I put a pieces of fabric underneath the wrapped yarn I so had a striped fabric as well!

 

IMG_0422 IMG_0423

G                                          

IMG_0427 IMG_0430

I                                           J

G, H, I, J – these are bought fabrics, mostly ones I owned already.

G – the first two are nylon organza with some transparency and the third is nylon net

H – the first two are cotton with printed  gold  patterns, the second two are ‘water marked’ shiny satin gold fabrics

I – these are all plain colour cotton ‘patchwork’ fabrics in different weights

J – the first is nylon chiffon and the second tie dyed cotton

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_0408 IMG_0410

K                                           L

K, L, – trial prints done prior to this chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment